Wednesday, March 3, 2010

A visit with Great-Grandma!

Today was a much better day than yesterday! I took Hannah to the doctor's this morning because of her ongoing constipation issues. It turns out everything is fine and she actually is improving! Not to be too graphic, but she had three "poo's" today!! Yay!
We came home from the pediatrician's office around 10:15, so I hurried and fed her a late breakfast (don't worry, she nursed before the appointment!) and got her ready for her morning nap...FAIL.
So, two days in a row she has NOT taken the normal two naps. For an HOUR AND TWENTY minutes I wrestled with her; rocking, singing, swaying, trying to let her cry it out...nothing was working. I was about to the point of banging my head off of the wall. She was clearly exhausted. Her little eyes were red and puffy from crying and she could barely keep them open from fatigue. She cried so hard she was hyperventilating. Ugh. FINALLY around noon, she did fall asleep in her crib for about an hour and a half. She didn't take her afternoon nap, however. So here it is 8:15 and she's tucked in bed and ready for the night. I am, too. Patrick woke us up this morning at 3:30AM wretching and vomiting, so I was up for an hour dealing with that. Hannah was also up early at five minutes to six. She did go back to sleep, but once again, I was up. So, I'm feeling a little sleepy this evening.
On a more positive note, my Dad spent the day with my Grandma and took all of us out to lunch!
We headed over to Vesuvio's (the Italian restaurant my relatives own) and had an amazing lunch! Hannah was really well-behaved and pleasant. Everyone loved her! (of course!) She LOVED to hear my Great Aunt Mary's Italian accent. She smiled and giggled and didn't take her eyes off of her! It was so cute!
After lunch, all of us headed back here for the afternoon. I got some great pictures of the action!
Looking up at Great-Grandma.

And back at Pap.

Great-Grandma was so happy to spend time with Hannah today!

The sun was so bright today (yay!) that the lighting isn't great in this picture, but Hannah's expression was so precious I had to post it!

All she wanted to do was walk with Pap!


...everywhere in the house!

She took a minute to sit with Great-Grandma...

...and then was off and running again!



And just because I'm a little goofy, I took a picture of one of the blueberry muffins I made for dessert. It just looked so pretty that I couldn't resist...haha!

Well, that about sums up our day today! I work tomorrow, and I would be lying if I said I wasn't a little nervous after what happened on Tuesday. **sigh**
I'm hoping the day goes smoothly and quickly until I get home with Micah and Hannah...and then time can slow down again!
Good night! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment